The last 8 weeks working as an intern at Honeywell Employee’s Club has been life awarding experience. I have made new friends, networked with co-workers and gained a new skill which I hope will guide me in my career path. I have learned corporate world work and even though it looks like a scary place I am hope I can become one of its newest members. I felt I have grown as a person and strayed from my comfort zone. Since my daughter’s birth I’ve been a stay at home mom and worked out of my home. I got out of pajamas into work clothes and I enjoyed the feeling of being accomplished. I know now I can go to work daily and not feel guilty for leaving my daughter at daycare anymore. The Honeywell Employee’s Club has allowed me to expand my skills in marketing, public relations and customer service. These skills will make me more marketable to future employers. Although, internship was hard work, it was a positive experience. I was able to use what I’ve been taught in the class room into the real world. I am thankful for this experience and I am one step closer to graduation!
Josie Morgan
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Josie,
ReplyDeleteI am glad that through this internship you were able to make the transition between being a new Mommy and a working Mommy. I know what that's like since I once went through the same process. If you can find a job that will allow you to balance being a Mom with having a career that will be the most ideal. I am glad that you had a positive experience working at Honeywell Employee’s Club and wish you good luck in your future endeavors.